The third meeting of AIT Consulting’s (AITC) Advisory Board and Technical Council was held on 7 and 12 March 2013 respectively, at the AITC headquarters.
Established to drive the organization forward, the Advisory Board and Technical Council serve active roles in the overall operations of AIT Consulting. The Advisory Board is comprised of trusted representatives from AIT’s partner institutions, international organizations, industry representatives, AIT alumni and members of the AIT Administration. To support the thrusts of AITC, many of the Technical Council members come from the AIT administration, deans of the schools, faculty members, and directors of various centers at AIT and offer expert guidance as co-stakeholders to the projects undertaken by AITC.
After presenting the accomplishments of AIT Consulting for the year 2012 by the Executive Director and CEO, Acting AIT President and Board Chair Prof. Indra Mohan Pandey led the discussions covering increased collaboration with AIT Alumni, the development of an AIT online program for prospective students and the planning for a major event focusing on IT and Structural Engineering, AITC’s core strengths.
The technical council began with an overview and welcome by the Council Secretary, Dr. Naveed Anwar. It was decided early in the meeting that Dr. Nitin Afzulpurkar, Dean, School of Engineering and Technology, will serve as the Chair Council and will request for council membership review and confirmation annually. Discussions centered on strengthening professional development activities that are often by-products of consulting projects, increased experience sharing with the schools, units and offices particularly in AITC’s work in Myanmar and Cambodia, and specific execution strategies for the software development initiatives for online learning.
These high-level meetings utilized opportunities to deliberate and strategize AITC’s major event set to be held sometime in May or June 2013. The event aims to bring the latest developments in technology and engineering to the industry/business sector and to showcase AIT’s capabilities. Top management of the leading companies in Thailand and in the region will be the target audience for the event. The event will be organized in collaboration with all AIT units and will also showcase an exhibition demonstrating various technologies, innovations, solutions, projects, research outcomes, and applications related to topics discussed/presented.
Advisory Board Members:
- Prof. Indra Mohan Pandey, Acting President, Vice President for Academic Affairs, AIT, Board Chair
- Prof. Worsak Kanok-Nukulchai, Vice President, Resource Development, AIT
- Mr. Jose A. Sy, President and CEO, SY^2+Associates, Philippines
- Prof. Ricardo P. Pama, President, University of the Cordilleras, Philippines
- Mr. Tuck Oon Choong, Senior AIT Alumni, former management of Accenture
- Ms. Somhatai Panichewa, Chief Business Officer, Amata Corporation PCL, Thailand
- Prof. Elizabeth Suew-Kuan Ng, Director, LLM, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore
- Dr. Jonathan Shaw, Executive Director, AIT Extension
- Dr. Saeed Zaki, Managing Director, dwp, Thailand
- Dr. Naveed Anwar, Executive Director, AIT Consulting, Board Secretary
Technical Council Members:
- Dr. Weerakorn Ongsakul, Dean, School of Environment, Resources and Development, AIT
- Dr. Barbara Igel, Dean, School of Management, AIT
- Dr. Nitin Afzulpurkar, Dean, School of Engineering and Technology, AIT
- Prof. Sivanappan Kumar, Professor, School of Environment, Resources and Development, AIT
- Dr. Pennung Warnitchai, Associate Professor and Coordinator, School of Engineering and Technology, AIT
- Dr. Manukid Parnichkun, Associate Professor, Mechatronics, School of Engineering and Technology, AIT
- Dr. Sandro Calvani, Director, ASEAN Regional Center of Excellence on Millennium Development Goals
- Ms. Leena Wokeck, Director, CSR Asia
- Dr. Naveed Anwar, Executive Director, AIT Consulting, Council Secretary