The Asian Center for Engineering Computations and Software (ACECOMS) was established in 1995 as one of the first centers of excellence at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT). It aims to provide an impetus to the research in engineering computations, the development of quality computer software tools for engineering applications, and training on their effective use. Upon its launch, ACECOMS not only became one of AIT’s initial self-sustaining centers but also the region’s first of its kind.
ACECOMS carries out its mission through several integrated and interconnected activities such as:
- Conducting research and providing consultancy services for the applications of computing tools on real world problems.
- Providing general and specialized consulting services and support for project design, system development, review and investigation.
- Providing training and technical support for development of knowledge, information and skills in computer applications together with background information and theory.
- Establishing networks and associations with regional academic institutions and professional organizations for technology sharing and technology transfer.
- Disseminating practical information and knowledge through the publication of magazines, books, training manuals, technical notes and technical reports.