Accelerate your career growth through learning
Since 1959, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) has promoted technological change and sustainable development in the Asian-Pacific region through higher education, research, and outreach. Keeping with its mission ‘to develop highly qualified and committed professionals who play leading roles in the region’s sustainable development and its integration into the global economy’ AIT is offering Professional Master Degree in Structural Design of Tall Buildings (PM-TB).
PM-TB program combines the best of two worlds [academic excellence + real world experience] providing you with the right knowledge and skills that you need to excel as a practicing engineer.
- Learn advanced knowledge on state of the art methodologies, techniques, and tools that can be applied in structural design of tall buildings
- Develop design and leadership skills for formulating innovative system and solutions for tall buildings
- On-the-job learning wherein your existing professional commitments are aligned with learning
- Internship at leading structural engineering/ infrastructure companies in South East Asia
PM-TB’s blended approach allows you to study at your own pace and at your own time without leaving your job.
Practicing engineers often come across challenges where the feel the need to equip themselves with the right skill sets, but that very need brings them to a crossroad where they have to make a choice whether to continue working or leave their job and enroll for skill enhancing graduate degree program. Also, the recent dominance of tall building projects requires that the engineers to be equipped with better tools and skill sets to design safer structures. The experts behind PM-TB felt this need among the practicing engineers and designed a solution that brings knowledge right at the door-steps of the engineers.
The solution is the blended learning approach that combines the best of online and in-class learning methods. PM-TB is built upon enormous knowledge resource at the Civil and Infrastructure Department, AIT as well as the numerous tall building projects that have been undertaken by AIT.
- AIT faculty and professional teams have been directly involved in the design and review of over 100 tall buildings in recent years.
- Over 70 MS. and Ph.D. thesis have been carried out related to various aspects of tall buildings designs in the last 10 years.
- Rated best (perfect score of 5.0) by Thailand Research Fund (TRF) in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering.
- August 2018 Semester: 30 July 2018
- January 2019 Semester: 30 November 2018