Practicing engineers often come across challenges where the feel the need to equip themselves with the right skill sets, but that very need brings them to a crossroad where they have to make a choice whether to continue working or leave their job and enroll for skill enhancing graduate degree program. Also, the recent dominance of tall building projects requires that the engineers to be equipped with better tools and skill sets to design safer structures. The experts behind PM-CE felt this need among the practicing engineers and designed a solution that brings knowledge right at the door-steps of the engineers.
The solution is the blended learning approach that combines the best of online and in-class learning methods. PM-CE is built upon enormous knowledge resource at the Civil and Infrastructure Department, AIT as well as the numerous tall building projects that have been undertaken by AIT. Through PM-CE, the student will:
- Learn advanced knowledge on state of the art methodologies, techniques, and tools that can be applied in structural design of tall buildings;
- Develop design and leadership skills for formulating innovative system and solutions for tall buildings;
- Align professional commitments with learning through on-the-job learning;
- Apply skills learned through project work/ internship at leading structural engineering/ infrastructure companies in South East Asia.
- AIT faculty and professional teams have been directly involved in the design and review of over 100 tall buildings in recent years.
- Over 70 MS. and Ph.D. thesis have been carried out related to various aspects of tall buildings designs in the last 10 years.
- Rated best (perfect score of 5.0) by Thailand Research Fund (TRF) in Civil and Infrastructure Engineering.