Position: IP & Licensing Counsel Officer
Deadline: 30 April 2019
Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand is seeking qualified applicants for the position of IP and Licensing Counsel Officer. This position will work primarily with IP Support Office (IPSO) and Technology License Office (TLO) from Asian Institute of Technology
- Managing a portfolio of intellectual property;
- Soliciting and analyzing invention disclosure from the inventors/ innovators.
- Conduct state-of-the-art search, prior art search, validity search, and infringement or freedom-to-operate search.
- Engaging with innovators and commercialization partners to conduct market assessment.
- Completing patent application forms and patent agreements.
- Formulating patent strategies and coordinating with external patent counsel;
- Drafting of agreements (MOU, MOA, funding/ sponsored research agreements, collaboration agreements/ consortium agreements, inter-institutional agreements, non-disclosure agreements, license agreements).
- Communicating and coordinating frequently with other stakeholders in the Asian Institute of Technology.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master degree in a technical or business discipline.
- Two years of relevant experience within the academic/ research institute and/ or industrial environment, ideally involving the identification and commercialization of intellectual property (IP) through licensing.
- Experience in conducting prior art search, assessing commercial potential/ market opportunity of the innovation.
- Experience in preparation of agreements (MOU, MOA, funding/ sponsored research agreements, collaboration agreements/ consortium agreements, inter-institutional agreements, non-disclosure agreements, license agreements.
- The candidate should have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; good negotiation skills; the ability to interpret and manage numerous complex agreements; the ability to manage and coordinate multiple and diverse projects simultaneously through to completion; be highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a team environment and can establish priorities.
The qualified candidate must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, initiative and independence in leading the Unit. He/she must be able to work independently, communicate in English effectively and be available to fulfill the needs of the Unit. Must be accountable, responsive and dependable, and represent AIT in a professional manner.
Previous Applicants need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Applicants can submit their curriculum vitae and letter of application to:
Clarisa Cuares Lagura
Tel. no: +(662) 02 524 1211, +(662) 02 524 1011