A SEMINAR FOR EVERY PRACTICING ENGINEER – BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN RESEARCH AND PRACTICE
In this technology-packed seminar, keynote speaker Ashraf Habibullah, CSI Founder, President and CEO will present the theory and practical application of nonlinear analysis and performance-based design in terms and analogies that are very familiar to the practicing structural engineer. The seminar will address many fundamental questions, such as:
- Why do we need to talk about nonlinear analysis?
- What is really meant by energy dissipation and why it is important?
- What is a time-energy diagram and why is it so important in seismic design?
- What is deformation capacity and why it is more important than strength capacity?
- What we really mean by ductility and why strength without ductility is useless?
- What is a material model, a fiber model and a hysteresis loop?
The seminar will cover topics related to:
Nonlinear Analysis Techniques,
and discuss Nonlinear Applications in Structural Engineering.